2021 Kids of Mud Program
What to bring:
- Bike - With gears and hand brakes. Must be in good working condition.
- Helmet - MANDATORY - must be SNELL, CSPC, or ANSI approved.
- Gloves - Hand protection
- Glasses - Sunglasses, something to protect your eyes.
- Water - In bottle or a hydration pack.
Good to Have:
- Spare tube
- Small tool kit incl. patch kit
- Personal 1st aid kit wallet sized laminated ID card with health #'s, allergy/medication info, name/address etc.
- Insect repelent
- Towel/change of clothes
- Snack for the post ride!
Your leader will have these items with them at all times but it's a good practice to always bring these things with you when you go out riding.
Your Cycling Helmet should be a cycling helmet (SNELL/CSPC/ANSI approved) is mandatory at all Kids of Mud events, for kids and adults. The helmet should sit squarely on your head, covering the upper half of the forehead, two fingers above the brow line. The fit should be snug, but not so tight that it is uncomfortable. Adjust the chin strap so that the straps form a symmetrical V ending under the earlobe on each side of the head. You should be able to fit only one or two fingers between the strap and the underside of the chin.